Below is information and knowledge on the topic is steven r mcqueen related to steve mcqueen gather and compiled by the show.vn team. Along with other related topics like: steven r. mcqueen wife, steven r. mcqueen sister, steven r. mcqueen now, Steven R McQueen and Enrique Iglesias, How old is Steven R McQueen, steven r. mcqueen siblings, Steve McQueen wife died, How did Steve McQueen die.
Steven R. McQueen
Steven R. McQueen
McQueen at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con
Steven Chadwick McQueen
July 13, 1988 (age 34)
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Steven Chadwick McQueen (born July 13, 1988), known professionally as Steven R. McQueen, is an American actor, best known for his role as Jeremy Gilbert in The CW fantasy supernatural drama The Vampire Diaries from 2009 to 2015 and in 2017, and its spin-off Legacies in 2018. He also starred as Jimmy Borrelli in the NBC dramas Chicago Fire from 2015 to 2016 and Chicago P.D. in 2016, part of the One Chicago franchise.
McQueen was born in Los Angeles on July 13, 1988, to Stacey (née Toten, now Stacia Robitaille), a humanitarian and former actress, and Chad McQueen, a race car driver and former actor. His paternal grandparents are actor Steve McQueen and Filipino actress Neile Adams. Neile Adams’ niece is Filipino-Spanish socialite Isabel Preysler, mother of Chabeli Iglesias, Julio Iglesias Jr. and Enrique Iglesias, making McQueen and the Iglesiases second cousins. His stepfather, Luc Robitaille, is a professional ice hockey executive and former player. McQueen is the oldest of four children with a half-brother, Chase (b. 1995), and a half-sister, Madison (b. 1996), from his father’s remarriage and a half-brother, Jesse Robitaille (b. 1995), from his mother’s remarriage. His stage name is “Steven R. McQueen”, the “R” referring to his stepfather’s surname Robitaille. McQueen described his relationship with his father and his stepfather in an interview with the New York Post, “My stepdad has been more like a biological dad in my life. I’m pretty close with my biological dad, but I think of him more like an uncle. It’s a good relationship.”
In his mid-teens, McQueen moved around from city to city with his parents, included living in Detroit and being homeschooled until his graduation. It was while living in Detroit that he started watching movies all day long, including those of his grandfather, “From there, my passion for it slowly unfolded. I went to a couple of classes and I grew to love it.” Eventually, he packed his bags, moved back to Los Angeles and started taking acting classes.
2005–2008: The beginning of an acting career
McQueen made his television debut in September 2005 at the age of 17, appearing as a guest star in an episode of the short-lived CBS science fiction drama Threshold. He subsequently guest-starred on a number of other CBS television series including Numb3rs, Without a Trace and CSI: Miami. One of the more notable roles since his debut was a recurring role as Kyle Hunter for seven episodes of the fourth and final season of The WB drama Everwood from 2005 to 2006. His character is a teenage piano prodigy and moody loner struggled to navigate his sexuality, the coming out storyline was trying to shine a light on the struggles young people face and also needed to see that they are not alone. Whilst McQueen co-starred in a short film Club Soda in 2006, it was in January 2008 that he made his feature film debut in the Disney Channel Original Movie Minutemen, where he played the villainous role of Derek Beaugard. In an interview, McQueen was asked whether it was hard being mean in the film and he replied, “You know, it was actually really fun because I’m not really that mean in real life. It’s all just pretend and really fun.”
2009–2015: The Vampire Diaries, modelling work and his inspiration
In March 2009, McQueen was cast as Jeremy Gilbert in The CW’s television adaptation of L. J. Smith’s The Vampire Diaries novels and starred for the first six seasons until 2015. Gilbert was written to have left Mystic Falls for art school when it was announced that the sixth season would be McQueen’s last. His performance in the drama earned him a nomination for the Choice TV Male Scene Stealer Award in the 2013 Teen Choice Awards. McQueen made a special appearance in 2017 in the series finale to reprise his role by helping out at the Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted, and once more in 2018 as a special guest star in his role as Jeremy Gilbert in The Vampire Diaries’ spin-off Legacies. Besides being a vampire hunter on-screen, McQueen starred in a loose remake of the 1978 horror film Piranha, titled Piranha 3D in 2010, with an ensemble cast including Elisabeth Shue, Adam Scott, Jerry O’Connell, among others. He played a social awkward kid who fell in love with a girl who’s two years his senior.
Away from the small screen, McQueen joined fellow actors Christa B. Allen, Colton Haynes and Debby Ryan as a fashion model for the American lifestyle retailer Abercrombie & Fitch in their Spring 2014 “The Making of a Star” advertising campaign. In the promotional video, he explained his inspiration of following his grandfather’s footsteps to become an actor, “… I started watching my grandpa’s movies and I saw what an impact he made to the world and I said to myself ‘hey, I want to do that'”, which was further elaborated in the printed version,
As a kid growing up in Detroit I longed to be a Superhero. Later on I started watching movies my grandpa (Steve McQueen) did, and I saw what an impact they made on the world. That’s when I said, “Hey, I want to do that too.” I go to the gym, do some martial arts, and I love poetry. I have a tattoo of my family crest, and another on my back that says ‘The Road Not Taken,’ which is a poem by Robert Frost. He shows that there are always choices in life, you need to embrace them and maybe even take the path that others don’t.
— Steven R. McQueen, in Superhero, The Making of a Star (2014), Abercrombie & Fitch
2015–present: Chicago Fire and other projects
Ten years since his acting debut, McQueen joined the cast of the NBC drama Chicago Fire, in the premiere of the fourth season as Jimmy Borrelli in 2015, a new candidate assigned to Firehouse 51. McQueen was credited as a recurring cast member for the first six episodes and was added to the main cast from the seventh episode. In addition, he also guest-starred in the crossover episodes of Chicago P.D. in 2016, as part of the One Chicago franchise created by Dick Wolf. At the beginning of Season 5, he took matters into his own hands during a fire call and suffered a career-ending injury. McQueen’s run on the show ended in the second episode of the fifth season in October 2016.
In 2018, in addition of being a special guest star in The CW’s fantasy drama Legacies, McQueen co-starred in a short film, The Take Off that had its world premiere at the 2018 Santa Barbara International Film Festival. He also starred in a television film for Hallmark Original Movie, Home by Spring, and ended the year off by starring as the U.S. Medal of Honor recipient, awarded posthumously, Joseph Vittori in an episode of Netflix’s anthology documentary series Medal of Honor.
In 2020, McQueen starred alongside the lead actor Neal McDonough and co-star Casper Van Dien in a western television film for INSP, The Warrant. He explained how he got involved in the film, “Neal’s been a family friend for a long time so he called me and we had a conversation about it and he said it was gonna be a Western and we’d get to shoot some guns and have a good time…”
McQueen announced his engagement to model Alexandra Silva on Instagram on January 25, 2018, with a black and white photo and the quote “She said yes”, but they called off their engagement in May 2018.
Since as early as 2014, McQueen has been a supporter of the Thirst Project, a nonprofit organization whose aim is to bring safe drinking water to communities around the world where it is not immediately available. He lends his support by attending at their annual fundraising event, the Annual Thirst Gala, as well as travelling to the Kingdom of Eswatini to help to construct water installations. He also supports TECHO, a nonprofit organization that mobilizes youth volunteers to fight extreme poverty in Latin America, by constructing transitional housing and implementing social inclusion programs, and Echoes of Hope, a nonprofit organization founded by his parents Stacia and Luc Robitaille, to help at-risk and emancipated foster youth succeed and reach their full potential.
Awards and nominations
- ^ a b “The Birth of Steven McQueen”. californiabirthindex.org. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- ^ a b “Steven R. McQueen Biography”. TV Guide. Retrieved August 20, 2010.
- ^ Bentley, Jean (January 28, 2010). “‘Vampire Diaries’ Star Steven R. McQueen Dishes On Dude-Bonding Roadtrips And Filming In Atlanta”. MTV Networks. Archived from the original on March 6, 2010. Retrieved April 25, 2010.
- ^ “The Birth of Chadwick McQueen”. californiabirthindex.org. Retrieved May 14, 2021.
- ^ “Enrique Iglesias and Steven R. McQueen are second cousins”. geni.com. Retrieved September 8, 2013.
- ^ a b Peretz, Evgenia (December 2, 2010). “The Real McQueen”. Hive. Retrieved May 14, 2021.
- ^ “The Birth of Chase McQueen”. californiabirthindex.org. Retrieved May 14, 2021.
- ^ “911 Love: an interview with Madison McQueen”. Porsche. March 25, 2021. Retrieved May 18, 2021.
- ^ O’Brien, James (July 10, 2011). “Luc Robitaille’s 16-year-old son Jessarae launches attempt at music career”. NBC Sports. Retrieved May 14, 2021.
- ^ a b c d e f Kaplan, Don (October 31, 2005). “McQueen of Hearts – The 17-year-old Grandson of Screen-legend Steve McQueen Quietly Made His TV Debut This Month as (What Else?) a Prodigy”. New York Post. Retrieved May 14, 2021.
- ^ Sampson, Des (July 6, 2011). “Steven R. McQueen: Acting is in his blood”. The New Zealand Herald. Retrieved May 26, 2021.
- ^ Charing, Steve (April 26, 2006). “Everwood’s Coming Out Scene Hits the Mark”. stevecharing.blogspot.com. Retrieved May 18, 2021.
- ^ a b Emery, Jane (c. 2007). “The Palms Springs International Festival of Short Films: Keeping It Short and Sweet”. lastheplace.com. Retrieved May 14, 2021.
- ^ a b Nordyke, Kimberly (December 6, 2007). “McQueen on clock for Dis’ ‘Minutemen'”. The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 14, 2021.
- ^ “An Interview with… Minutemen’s Steven McQueen”. Tiger Beat. February 7, 2008. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ a b Moore, Debi (March 2, 2009). “Steven R. McQueen Joins Vampire Diaries”. dreadcentral.com. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ Bucksbaum, Sydney (February 12, 2015). “Why Steven R. McQueen’s The Vampire Diaries Goodbye “Feels Like a Victory”
Chicago Fire Q&A: Steven R. McQueen
“. E!. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ a b “2013 Teen Choice Awards: The Winners List”. MTV. August 11, 2013. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ Swift, Andy (August 1, 2018). “Vampire Diaries’ Steven R. McQueen to Reprise His Role on Spinoff Legacies”. TVLine. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ a b Rodriguez, Matt (n.d.). “Steven R. McQueen (Piranha 3D)”. shakefire.com. Retrieved May 14, 2021.
- ^ Lewis, Casey (January 30, 2014). “From Colton Haynes to Debby Ryan, Young Hollywood Rocks This New Abercrombie & Fitch Campaign”. Teen Vogue. Retrieved May 22, 2021.
- ^ Ossad, Jordana (January 31, 2014). “Colton Haynes, Steven R. McQueen and More Celebs Star in New Abercrombie & Fitch Campaign”. E!. Retrieved May 17, 2021.
- ^ Lewis, Casey (February 24, 2014). “Abercrombie & Fitch Celebrated Their New Star-Studded Campaign with an Equally Star-Studded Soiree”. Teen Vogue. Retrieved May 17, 2021.
- ^ Steven R McQueen Superhero. Abercrombie & Fitch. 2014. 0:06 minutes in. Archived from the original on December 14, 2021. Retrieved May 22, 2021.
- ^ “The Photography Files! Abercrombie & Fitch Spring 2014 – The Making of a Star: The Profiles…” anfnewsnow.blogspot.com. January 31, 2014. Retrieved May 22, 2021.
- ^ a b Wagmeister, Elizabeth (July 21, 2015). “‘The Vampire Diaries’ Alum Steven R. McQueen Joins Cast of ‘Chicago Fire'”. Variety. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ a b “
‘Chicago Fire’ season 4: Steven R. McQueen now a series regular”. cartermatt.com. January 7, 2016. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ Gelman, Vlada (October 18, 2016). “Chicago Fire Boss Talks [Spoiler]’s Exit Following Jimmy vs. Boden Battle”. TVLine. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ Hipes, Patrick (January 17, 2018). “Santa Barbara Film Festival Lineup Unveiled”. Deadline. Retrieved May 19, 2021.
- ^ a b Bergeron, Judy (March 27, 2018). “Filmed in picturesque St. Francisville, Hallmark’s ‘Home by Spring’ premieres Saturday”. The Advocate. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ a b Riebe, Angie (November 12, 2018). “Netflix series features Minnesota veteran”. Minnesota Public Radio. Mesabi Daily News. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ Moghaddami, Victoria (June 22, 2020). “‘The Warrant’ Stars Casper Van Dien and Steven R. McQueen Get Candid About the Classic Western (Exclusive)”. popculture.com. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ Heller, Corinne (January 25, 2018). “The Vampire Diaries’ Steven R. McQueen Is Engaged”. E!. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ Webber, Stephanie (January 25, 2018). “‘Vampire Diaries’ Alum Steven McQueen Is Engaged to Model Alexandra Silva”. usmagazine.com. US Weekly. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ Rodriguez, Karla (May 5, 2018). “‘Vampire Diaries’ Alum Steven McQueen and Model Alexandra Silva Call Off Their Engagement”. usmagazine.com. US Weekly. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ Hiser, Lisa (June 24, 2014). “McClain, Steven R McQueen, Debby Ryan & More Attend 2014 Thirst Gala + Interviews”. shineon-media.com. Retrieved May 19, 2021.
- ^ Henry, Brian (March 21, 2019). “World Water Day: How the Thirst Project Is Working with Students to End the Global Water Crisis”. Cheddar. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ McQueen, Steven R. [@steven_r_mcqueen] (March 12, 2021). “Feel like giving clean water visit and donate at @thirstproject”. Retrieved May 19, 2021 – via Instagram.
- ^ McQueen, Steven R. [@steven_r_mcqueen] (May 8, 2021). “Give water give life @thirstproject”. Retrieved May 19, 2021 – via Instagram.
- ^ Vogt, Tiffany (March 31, 2018). “EXCLUSIVE : HOME BY SPRING Scoop: Shining The Spotlight On Steven R. McQueen”. seat42f.com. Retrieved May 19, 2021.
- ^ McQueen, Steven R. [@steven_r_mcqueen] (May 28, 2020). “Feel like donating or volunteering? Check out @techo_org Great organization that helps communities all through Latin America”. Retrieved May 19, 2021 – via Instagram.
- ^ Matalucci, Cindy (July 10, 2014). “Echoes of Hope All In For Hope Celeb Poker Tournament”. thepulsesd.com. Retrieved May 19, 2021.
- ^ McQueen, Steven R. [@steven_r_mcqueen] (December 18, 2018). “@ourechoesofhope Holiday party 🎁”. Retrieved May 19, 2021 – via Instagram.
- ^ a b Swift, Andy (October 31, 2018). “Legacies First Look: Vampire Diaries’ Jeremy Gilbert Returns to Mystic Falls”. TV Line. Retrieved May 15, 2021.
- ^ Pavlica, Carissa (June 20, 2020). “Neal McDonough and Steven R. McQueen Talk INSP’s The Warrant”. tvfanatic.com. Retrieved June 1, 2020.
Extra Information About is steven r mcqueen related to steve mcqueen That You May Find Interested
If the information we provide above is not enough, you may find more below here.
Steven R. McQueen – Wikipedia
About Steve McQueen and Steven R. McQueen – New York Gal
See Steve McQueen's Grandson, Who's Already a … – Best Life
Is Steven R McQueen related to Steve Mcqueen? – Celebrity.fm
Family tree of Steven R. MCQUEEN – Geneastar
See Steve McQueen's Grandson, Who's Already a TV … – Yahoo
Frequently Asked Questions About is steven r mcqueen related to steve mcqueen
If you have questions that need to be answered about the topic is steven r mcqueen related to steve mcqueen, then this section may help you solve it.
What caused Steve McQueen’s death?
Sadly, McQueen’s acting career was cut short by an unexpected pleural mesothelioma diagnosis. It is believed that McQueen was exposed to asbestos while serving in the United States Marine Corps in the late 1940s. In 1980, McQueen died of mesothelioma at the age of 50
Did Steve McQueen have any siblings?
In 2005, McQueen made his acting debut appearing in an episode of the short lived Sci-Fi CBS television series Threshold (2005). He is a half-second cousin of musician and actor Enrique Iglesias. One of Steven’s paternal great-grandfathers, José Salgado Arrastia, was also a maternal great-grandfather of Enrique.
Are Steven R McQueen and Enrique Iglesias related?
Steven R. McQueen/Grandfathers
Who is Steven McQueen’s grandfather?
The iconic movie car has been owned by the Kiernan family since 1974. After nearly 50 years, McQueen’s Mustang GT fastback from “Bullitt” is back on the world’s stage. The Mustang Steve McQueen expertly drove in the 1968 movie “Bullitt” was no average sports car.
Who owns Steve McQueen’s car?
His pups?Juice, Callum and Minter?were included in his suicide note and had even walked the runway with him. He left the same amount of money to his godson, nieces, and nephews, as well as each of his two housekeepers.
Who inherited Alexander McQueen’s money?
Lightning McQueen is not named after actor and race driver Steve McQueen, but after Pixar animator Glenn McQueen who died in 2002.
Who inherited Alexander McQueen’s money?
Part of a video titled 1968 and 2019 Mustang Bullitt – Jay Leno’s Garage – YouTube
Steve McQueen’s ‘Le Mans’ Heuer Watch Sells for Record-Breaking $2.2 Million.
How much did Steve McQueen’s Rolex sell for?
According to the BBC, McQueen left £50,000, which in American dollars would be just short of $82,000. McQueen wanted to make sure that his three dogs would be pampered for the rest of their lives.
How much money did Alexander McQueen leave his dogs?
Fawkes was adopted in 2014, but Ariana was forced to give the Shiba Inu to a friend in 2015 after she wasn’t getting along with the other pups.
Who inherited Alexander McQueen’s money?
He left 250,000 pounds ($410,000) each to his three sisters and two brothers, and 50,000 pounds each to his godson, and each of his nieces and nephews. The animal lover donated 100,000 pounds ($164,000) each to two charities that help animals: the Battersea Dogs and Cats Home and the Blue Cross Animal Welfare Charity.